The City of Los Angeles, often known by its initials L.A., is the second-most populous city in the United States. It has a land area of 469 square miles (1,215 km), and is located in Southern California.
It is the mission of the Los Angeles Police Department to safeguard the lives and property of the people we serve, to reduce the incidence and fear of crime, and to enhance public safety while working with the diverse communities to improve their quality of life.
Our mandate is to do so with honor and integrity, while at all times conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards to maintain public confidence. The free "LAPD" (Los Angeles Police Department) mobile app helps us to accomplish those goals.
Our mobile app provides the members of our communities with very crucial and pertinent information such as:
* Crime Alerts
* Safety & Crime Prevention Tips
* Free Community Programs & Services
* Domestic Violence, Rape, Suicide & Mental Health Resources
* Phone & Geo Map Listings to All LAPD Stations
* A List of FreeYouth & Senior Programs
It's multimedia capabilities gives our communities 24/7 access to:
* LAPD's History
* How to Connect With Us via Social Media
* How to File and Receive a Copies of a Police Reports
* The Chief of Police's Monthly Community Video-Messages
* Directory of Other Surrounding Law Enforcement Entities
* How to Join a Local Neighborhood Watch Program
* A List of California Penal Codes, Los Angeles City Ordinance & LA County Juvenile Laws
Download the free "LAPD" mobile app today!
For questions, please contact:
Officer Tony Newsom
Los Angeles Police Department
Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.